Some interesting Greenland facts:
* Greenland is the largest island in the world. "Greenland" in local tongue is Kalaallit Nunaat.
* It's almost completely covered in snow and ice - the actual land is over a mile beneath the ice! (Of
the 840,000 square miles of land mass, only 127,000 is not covered in ice)
* In the northern regions, the sun sets in October and won't be seen again until February
* In May, the sun will rise one last time, and won't set again until August.
* There are no roads connecting the different towns and villages with Greenland; the only way to get
from point A to point B is either by helicopter or plane, by sea (boat or kayak), or dogsled.